American Airlines is saying "thank you" to U.S. military serviceman by offering an exclusive fare sale for all active U.S. military personnel and their dependent family members. Now through January 2005 (Note: This has been extended until January 2006), travelers can purchase discounted tickets for travel on American Airlines and American Eagle flights for travel valid through January 2005.
American Airlines SAYS "ThAAnk you!" to Our Military with System-Wide Fare Sale for U.S. Armed Forces Members and their Families
FORT WORTH, Texas - In recognition of the courageous efforts of U.S. military personnel, American Airlines today announced the continuation of several special offers, including discounted fares, Admirals Club® access and Group One Boarding privileges, exclusively for active-duty members of the military.
"We appreciate the continued sacrifices made by our servicemen and women, and their families," said Dan Garton, American's Executive Vice President-Marketing. "By extending these special offers, we hope to make it easier for military families to get together with their loved ones."
American Airlines is now allowing travel on these special fares through Jan. 31, 2006. Active-duty members of the U.S. Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marines, Navy, National Guard, and Reserves who are on leave or furlough (including those who are traveling within seven days of discharge from active service), and their spouse and dependent children are eligible for these fares. Special military fares also are available for travel to various international destinations.
Here are samples of American's great low fares for the U.S. military:
- Newark - Raleigh/Durham+ $76
- Atlanta - St. Louis+ $81
- Chicago O'Hare - Raleigh/Durham $85
- Nashville - New York LaGuardia+ $95
- St. Louis - Washington, D.C. Reagan National+ $101
- Norfolk - St. Louis+ $104
- Baltimore - Dallas/Fort Worth $118
- Colorado Springs - Dallas/Fort Worth $119
- Dallas/Fort Worth - Norfolk $134
- Miami - Tegucigalpa, Honduras $155
- St. Louis - Cancún, Mexico $180
- Fort Lauderdale - San Juan, Puerto Rico $245
- New York (JFK) - St. Maarten, Neth. Ant. $275
- Los Angeles - Montego Bay, Jamaica $295
- Boston - London Heathrow $335
- Miami - Madrid, Spain $335
- San Jose, Calif. - Tokyo Narita $373
- O'Hare - Frankfurt, Germany $398
- Dallas/Fort Worth - Santiago, Chile $400
* Fares shown are in U.S. dollars for one-way Economy Class travel based on round-trip purchase and do not include government imposed taxes and fees
+ A portion or all travel may be on American Eagle or AmericanConnection, regional airline associates of American Airlines.
Reservations can be made at American Airlines ticketing locations or by calling American Airlines reservations toll-free at 800-433-7300. Military ID must be presented at the time of airport check-in. These military fares are not available via the Internet. Other restrictions apply. For complete rules and restrictions, see the terms and conditions below.
United States military men and women who are participating in Operation Iraqi Freedom or Operation Enduring Freedom also are welcome to be American's guests at Admirals Club facilities worldwide between flights when they are on emergency or Rest and Relaxation (R&R) leave from their overseas duties. This invitation for complimentary access has been extended through Jan 31, 2006 at all airport locations that do not have USO facilities. Eligible military personnel in appropriate uniform need only present their emergency or R&R leave forms from Operation Iraqi Freedom or Operation Enduring Freedom to access an Admirals Club location.
In addition, American is inviting uniformed military personnel to pre-board with First-Class passengers, or at any time during the boarding process. The boarding announcements were modified in February and American plans to continue this service as a thank you to U.S. troops.