The Bottom Line
Studying for the ASVAB shouldn't be dull. Written in the famous "Dummies" format, ASVAB for Dummies makes studying for the ASVAB much more fun.
- Humerous "Dummies" style
- Covers all 10 areas of the ASVAB
- Packed with tips and study techniques
- Written in the famous "Dummies" humorous style
- All 10 areas of the ASVAB covered in detail
- Tips and techniques to improve AFQT and individual line scores
- Handy "Jobs" chart which shows scores required to qualify for specific military jobs
- Detailed explanation of how each of the services use ASVAB results
- Example questions, practice questions, and full practice test
- Written by me, your joyful About.com Guide to the U.S. Military
Guide Review - ASVAB for Dummies
Truth in advertising requires that I disclose that I am one of the authors for ASVAB for Dummies. That means I'm probably biased. But, what the heck? I've always been a fan of the "fun style" of the Dummies series, and this one was a heck of a lot of fun to write. Test-Guru Jennifer Lawless and I take you step-by-step through all 10 areas of the ASVAB. We not only explain what you will find on the test, with sample questions and sample tests, but present techniques and tips to help you improve your score. Included is a handy military career chart that shows you exactly what you must score in order to qualify for the military job of your choosing. I hope ASVAB for Dummies is as much fun to read as it was to write.