You can request a copy of the information contained in your military records. Here's how to request them:
Time Required: 35 Minutes
- Download a copy of SF 180. You can also call (314) 538-4261 and request the form be mailed to you.
- Print or type your name, social security number, date of birth, and place of birth in section 1, blocks 1 through 4.
- Print or type your service dates in the applicable spaces in section 1, block 5.
- Indicate whether or not the individual is deceased in section 1, block 6.
- ndicate whether or not the person retired from the military in section 1, block 7.
- Indicate exactly what information you're requesting in section 2.
- Enter your return address and signature in section 3. Only the servicemember, guardian, or next of kin may sign the form.
- Mail the completed form to the address specified on the back side of the SF 180.
- See Features (below) for further information.
- Next of Kin consists of unremarried widow or widower, son or daughter, father or mother, brother or sister of the deceased veteran.
- You'll need the Adobe Acrobat Viewer in order to view/print the SF 180.