In the military, there is only one correct way to fold the United States Flag. Here are step-by-step instructions:
Time Required: 5 Minutes
- Hold the flag waist high.
- Fold the flag in half, from bottom to top, folding the lower (striped section) of the flag over the blue field.
- Fold the flag in half again, from bottom to top, (the section with the fold up, to the open edged section).
- Starting at the end away from the stars, fold the bottom part of the flag (folded section) toward the top, forming a triangle.
- Fold the outer point of the triangle inward toward the stars, forming another folded triangle.
- Continue the triangular folding for the entire flag.
- After folding, tuck the loose end of the flag into the fold on the bottom side.
- Once the flag is completely folded, only the blue field should be visible and it should be folded in the triangular shape of a cocked hat.
- Flag folding is best accomplished by two people.