Waiver request are due no later than 15 August each year. Packages are due no later than 15 October each year. Late packages or waiver requests will not be accepted and will be returned to the applicant.
Selections are based on AF officer production requirements. The majority of the offers will be given to individuals pursuing a degree in Technical Tier 1, Technical Tier 2, or Technical Tier 3 majors. There will be opportunity for individuals pursuing degrees in Non-technical Tier 4 majors, however, opportunities will be limited and competitive. All academic majors are grouped into tiers, based on the critical needs of the associated career field or technical AFSC. The following tiered academic majors are listed in descending order of importance and are subject to change:
- Technical -- Tier 1: Electrical Engineering, Meteorology/Atmospheric Sciences
- Technical -- Tier 2: Aerospace, Aeronautical, Architectural, Astronautical, Civil, Computer, Environmental, and Mechanical Engineering
- Technical -- Tier 3: All other ABET-accredited engineering majors, Architecture, Chemistry, Computer Science, Mathematics, Operations Research, and Physics
- Non-technical -- Tier 4: all other majors
POC-ERP Selections boards consider applicants using the "whole person" concept. This means the board considers such factors as college grade-point averages, Air Force Officer Qualification Test (AFOQT) scores, commander recommendations, EPRs (Enlisted Performance Reports), military decorations, and other aspects of the member's military records.
- Be a United States citizen.
- Meet the age requirements. For non-scholarship applicants, you must be under age 30 by the application date or have obtained an age waiver (available if you can commission before age 35). To be eligible for an AFROTC scholarship you must be under age 31 on December 31 of the year you will graduate and earn your commission. There are no age waivers for this.
- Have at least one year Time-In-Service (Waiverable except for pipeline technical school students--Note that waivers are not guaranteed and that packages with waivers must reach HQ AFROTC NLT 15 August).
- Have at least one year Time-On-Station (Waiverable--Note that waivers are not guaranteed and that packages with waivers must reach HQ AFROTC NLT 15 August).
- Be recommended by your immediate commander.
- Have at least a 2.5 cumulative college grade point average.
- Have 24 hours or more of college graded coursework and must be able to complete their degree within two years. If you have not earned 24+ semester hours in graded college work, you must have earned an ACT composite score of 24 or higher or an SAT1 combined Verbal and Math score of 1100 or more. This requirement is not waiverable.
- Be admitted to a school offering Air Force ROTC (including cross-town schools) and the academic major you desire to study. If you are unable to obtain a letter of acceptance by the application date, you must provide documentation from the university as to when acceptance will be determined.
- Earn Air Force Officer Qualifying Test (AFOQT) scores of 15 or more on the Verbal scale and 10 or more on the Quantitative scale. NOTE: AFOQT scores may be waiverable for those who have taken the test twice and failed both times.
- Pass the Air Force ROTC Physical Fitness Test.
- Meet all the requirements for commissioning (physical, moral, fitness, etc.) listed in AFI 36-2013, chapter 1, and AFI 36-2005.
- Must not be selected for reassignment prior to submission of the application. Applicants must resolve assignment issues in coordination with their AFSC Functional Manager at HQ AFPC.