How to Write Our Troops
From your U.S. Military Guide
Military personnel are deployed to Bosnia and Kosovo. Here's how you can write a letter to "any servicemember:
- Prepare a letter to send to a servicemember. Letters are limited to first class mail, no heavier than 13 ounces.
- Mail the letter to one of the following addresses:
- Army, Navy, Air Force and Marine Corps land forces in Bosnia/Kosovo: Any Service Member, Operations in the FRY, APO AE 09397-0001
- Navy and Marine Corps personnel aboard ship in the Bosnia/Kosovo area: Any Service Member, Operations in the FRY, APO AE 09398-0001
- Family members in Europe of deployed troops: Any Family Member, Operations in the FRY, APO AE 09399-0001.
- Bulk donations (non-perishable) such as books, magazines, movie VCR tapes, board games, etc., can be sent through the Defense Logistics Agency. Call 1-800-841-0937 for more information.
- Mail can be sent to servicemembers in other locations through your local USO office.
More How To's from your Guide to U.S. Military